This salad is so fresh and delicious, and pairs wonderfully with so many of our meals. What we like most about it, is that you can make a nice big batch and it keeps well in the fridge for a good 3 days (if you don't devour it sooner!) Be sure to get your fresh veggies in when you follow a keto diet, yes - even when eating SugarFreeIQ meals.
Course Salad, Side Dish
Cuisine Mediterranean, vegetarian
Keyword cucumber tomato salad, keto salad dressing, Mediterranean salad
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 cups
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 ounces riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen
- 2 large cucumbers coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped finely
- 3 medium tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp stevia erythritol blend sweetener
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the 1 tbsp olive oil to a medium pan over low heat. Then add the cauliflower and stir frequently until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely before adding to the salad.
The Salad Mixture
- Combine cucumbers, red onion, and tomatoes in a large bowl and toss until combined.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, sweetener, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the riced cauliflower, the salad mixture, and the dressing and toss together. Finally, add the olives and feta cheese and toss until thoroughly incorporated. Store in the fridge until serving. Flavour is best with at least an hour for the salad to marinate before serving.